Monday, May 30, 2011

Everyone is here

Hey guys thought I would give a quick update on everything going on out here.  The past week has literally flown by and there have been so many moments to mention.  My roommate for the summer has shown up.  His name is Darrin and he is originally from Pennsylvannia but attended school at Troy University in Alabama.  He has a BA in Poly Sci and is just an all around awesome guy.  In the few days we have been able to hang out I have witnessed him barehandedly clean out a trash can for one reason or another.  When we go into town he always has a smile and hello for everyone walking by.  I cannot wait for some of his traits to wear off on me.   I also have met my "partner in crime" for the summer, her name is Lauren and she is pretty dang awesome.  She is the head lifeguard for the summer and will also be helping me with games.  Man there is so much I want to talk about that God has been blessing me with lately.

So Darrin has a Jeep that we have been taking full advantage of.  From trips into town to throwing off the top and riding on some back roads.  My favorite use of it though has been to go to a close by hill on camp and watch the sunset.

There it is in all it's beautiful glory.  It's so crazy how God has taken my life and moved it over 2000 miles and helped me flourish.  I am in love with God and what he is doing.......

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear an update Nathan, and so thankful that things are going well. Hopefully this week is just an indication of what is to come this summer :)

    ReplyDelete